Mantei-1-1

Black Sand Beach in Kona, HI

Hi everyone! My name is Ashley, and I am in the last semester of my degree in English at UAF. I was born and raised in Fairbanks. I hope to work for two years after graduation before leaving Alaska and pursuing a counseling or clinical psychology graduate degree. I don’t know much about photography, but I have some experience snapping shots on my phone and posing for portraits. I’m very interested in learning more about the technical side of photography and being able to put it to use someday to take quality photos of my future travels and my family. I am taking this class this semester because I needed a class that meets the humanities requirements for my degree. I have spent most of my time in college doing more academic classes and wanted to do something that might become an interesting hobby and allow some more creative expression. I’m looking forward to the class and soaking up all the information I can!

I took this photo on my phone last January at a black sand beach in Kona, Hawaii. I love how I managed to capture the sea foam as the waves washed ashore, but I’m not sure how I feel about the glare of the sunset in the background. I think, as an image, it works okay but could probably be more balanced in terms of the light on the left side and the shadows on the right. 

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.