This image was made in Tucson, Arizona at a McDonald’s restaurant. My tripod and I were almost hanging into the 6 lanes of traffic during rush hour, at sunset. The dinosaur is being lit by all kinds of light: headlights of cars, the stoplight, the Christmas lights in its mouth, and the sodium vapor street light coming on above it. I kept the shutter open from the green light through the red, and the photo gods were smiling as the exposure was spot on.
- Introduce yourself to me and the class
- Familiarize yourself with Blackboard and WordPress
- Read your camera manual, look at tutorials
BEFORE YOU START
- Read the full syllabus
- View everything in the “Getting Started” folder
- Listen to the SoundCloud files
- Read the unit lesson materials on the Course Website (https://photography.community.uaf.edu)
- Read the “Global” elements in Editing (Software) folder
- Familiarize Yourself (skim) remainder of items in Editing folder
Navigate to Unit 1 in Blackboard to submit your work. You can see both assignments that are due listed on the Assignments page for this unit.