Unit 1: First Contact Assignment

Just Dandy

Hello class! My name is Jessica Mitchell. I am a recent graduate here at UAF with a bachelor’s in business administration and currently working full-time as the Dean’s assistant at the CNSM’s office. The reason I am taking this course is because as a UAF employee, I get course benefits and I wanted to make sure I made the most of it by studying a subject I’ve had a passion for since I was a little girl. I love photography, especially when it involves nature, so I am very excited to learn more about editing my photos and the adjustments of my camera.  

The photo I chose for this assignment is a shot of a dandelion that I took over the weekend. I used Lightroom for the first time to edit the color and focus a bit and to crop it where the dandelion is centered. It was a lot of fun playing around with these edits and I cannot wait to learn more. 

My background in photography mostly involves taking photos for the joy of it. A long time ago I did a couple of sessions with people but my heart lies with nature photos for fun. I do love sharing my photos with others, but I mostly keep them to myself in a personal portfolio. 

I look forward to getting to know you all and I hope you all have a great semester!

-Jessica