Daily-1-1

Hello Everyone!

My name is Dana Daily. I’m married and have two active golden retrievers that basically run my life! I graduated from CTC in 2018 from the Drafting Technology program and have worked as a CAD/GIS Technician and GVEA for almost 5 years now. We use Photoshop and Illustrator occasionally so I have some familiarity with those programs. I’ve loved taking photos since I was a kid and have been kicking myself for 10 years for not taking photography class in high school.  A few years ago my husband bought me a Canon Rebel T6 for Christmas after I had mentioned being interested.  I read the camera manual and watched some Youtube videos and realized manual photography is COMPLICATED.  I tried for a while to get into it but I just struggled not really knowing what I was doing so I just gave up and used it now and then on fully auto mode.  I decided to take this class in this summer because I’m not the biggest fan of winter (ironic living in Fairbanks, I know) but I’m really looking forward to finally taking a real class and learning how to properly use my camera! 

The photo I chose is not super recent, its of my oldest dog when he was a pup.  I came across it the other day and I’m still blown away that my husband took this photo with his phone! I love the lighting and the way it kind of makes his head glow on top. I like the field of depth as well, though I think it could have been a smidge deeper but since he took it with his phone I think it was just an auto depth thing.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.