Assignment 4

Point of View 1: f/5.6, 1/125sec, ISO 100, 300mm – I am blessed to have a southern facing deck and the birds love our wooded area. I encouraged this black-capped chickadee to join us by previously laying out food. The seed was actually intended for the motion assignment but they were not cooperative in coming around. I used my zoom to try and express the feeling of sitting next to the chickadee. I enjoyed watching the birds that came whether they were photogenic or not.
Point of View 2: f/3.5, 1/500sec, ISO 100, 18mm- Sullivan and Lupine respectively, our English chocolate labs. I really wanted to engage our animals to try and capture their normal actions on our property. These two love running the property while being attached at the hip. I laid down on the side of a hill to hide from them waiting for them to find me. This is something I would often do with my K-9 but that was kind of his job. These two took longer but they did find me and I love their questioning faces. They kicked some snow my way but I still kept the photo even with flakes on the lens. 
Point of View 3: f/5.6, 1/160sec, ISO 100- I love how light is refracted by ice and glass. An icicle is often photographed but I felt that this one looked like flowing water. I love the isolation of the subject as it is something that we often feel in winter.
Extra shot: f5/6, 0.3sec, ISO 100, 135mm- I did not submit this photo for the assignment but I still wanted to share it. I love the way light interacts with the glass and the root mesh draws my eye in.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.