Assignment 4

Point of View 1: f/8, 1/125 sec., ISO 200, 321mm– I have always liked using sunglasses as a prop, filter or mirror view for photography. I was really excited when I found this pair on sale about a month ago as I planned on using them for different photos, like this assignment. I wanted to “see the world” through a different lens one might say.  Here I had a bit of a higher shutter because I was sitting this handheld in the cold. I was also using my 100-400mm lens to avoid being in the reflection of the sunglasses. The sunglasses are facing the sunrise which you can see a bit of the orange glow in the frames. I didn’t crop too far in as I thought it was neat that the snow kind of has a nose and face. 
Point of View 2: f/8, 1/125 sec, ISO 640, 24 mm– another one of my favorite ways to creatively shoot architecture-type photos is trying to find a different point of view. Here I was looking up the stairs and using the rails to create a guide for the eye. I liked how the snow contrasts with the colors. Also, we see the rust on the concrete from this angle, but when looking from the top down you don’t see the rust. At this angle, we can also fill most of the frame. 

Point of View 3: f/16, 1/250 sec., ISO 100, 105mm– This photo did not turn out as well as I had hoped and this was due to the lens I had was not enough zoom power. My goal was the capture the light in the lantern. With a slightly bigger lens, I could have angled this a bit differently and it would be less cropped and grainy. I worked with what I had with me, as this is also another way I like to shoot photos in the sense of using other objects to make the subject complete (lanterns are used to light the way, and the sun provides light). Here is used the lantern as a looking glass to watch the sunset also the lantern would soon be turning on as the sunsets. I hope to make it back to this spot with just the right sunset again and capture this with the right equipment.