Assignment 3: Motion

Hello,

Stop action: I tossed a spinning ball in the air and timed the photo for when the ball crossed the center of a whale vertebrae we have hanging on the wall (3-1, f2.8, 1/1600, ISO 16000).  The speed of the ball spinning is well frozen and the vertebrae is blurred.

Pan: I panned on a rolling tennis ball (3-2, f2.8, 1/6, ISO 100); there are not a lot of opportunities to photograph consistently moving objects/vehicles near my home. I think the slow shutter speed created an interesting spinning effect on the spinning ball, as well as the table.  Because of the poor indoor lighting I had to add some saturation while processing.

Blur: I created a streaking light using my dog, the glow-harness he wears outside at night and a slow shutter speed (3-3, f4.5, 2.5 sec, ISO 1400).  I wanted the light to show movement but also wanted him to stay on the straw long enough during the shutter opening so his image would appear in the photo, at least during the beginning of the shot.  Processing the temp with the eyedropper in LR helped the snow look less blue and adjusting the shadows helped make the detail of our home more visible.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.